It’s All About Balance
While we have perfected the method of Design/Build in the Northern New Jersey construction industry, we can’t take credit for inventing the concept. In fact, the great Michelangelo employed the concept centuries ago in the Sistine Chapel. Design/Build means that you work hand-in-hand with one company from start to finish – from design through construction.
The key benefit of Design/Build is balance. If the project becomes dominated by the architect, the builder, or the client, it can be thrown out of balance with disastrous results. An architect may not be considering budget allocation and value engineering, causing the project to go over budget. A separate builder may ignore aesthetics in favor of getting the work done quickly. And, without experts who are working together to properly advise clients, they can make uninformed decisions that will cost money and time.
That’s why Bryhn Construction’s Design/Build Method is all about balancing the design and construction with our clients’ wants and needs to create a finished project that exceeds their expectations.
You will be an equal member of the product team, from your initial phone call or email inquiry through the design process to completion of the construction. We will work together each step of the way, making important decisions and ensuring that your home is transformed into the home of your dreams.
- There is no confusion due to a lack of communication between an architect or designer and the builders who must follow the design. With Design/Build, especially through the utilization of the Bryhn Method, the design is created with the final results in mind.
- We use a cohesive team approach, with knowledgeable team members who are all committed to the same level of high-quality workmanship and are working together to meet your needs. Creative, efficient design professionals, quality materials, outstanding craftsmanship and reliable subcontractors are all part of what makes Bryhn Construction’s customer-centric team approach so unique.
- We provide guidance and, if needed, can assist you in modifying the project during various phases of remodeling or reducing the scope of work to align your remodeling “wish list” with your budget, without bringing in external parties to modify a design.
- We help you discover and articulate your taste during the design process and express it through “finish decisions” with our Design Coordinator, because we believe that good space planning and informed design choices enhance your investment and provide for enduring function and appearance.
- Altering the architecture of a home is an enormous investment in time and money. That’s why it’s important for the builders to be involved in the design process. Because each home has its own structural and site challenges that require resolution during the planning stage of design, it’s important to consider things like square footage and architecture of your current space
- BEFORE establishing costs or finalizing a budget. Our builders can properly assess your current space to ensure that the design you desire can actually be executed.
- Avoid V.I.F. (verify in the field) clauses that architects can sometimes add into plans when practical insight or engineering is not considered. This can results in stacks of unnecessary specs that cannot be built as shown on the plan, causing increased costs and time delays. With Build/Design, you’ll avoid any surprises once the work begins – which means you can rely on a sound design to help you arrive at a realistic budget and minimal, if any, overruns.